My Dad
My Dad — My Home, My Strength, My Everything ❤️
There are some relationships in life that are impossible to explain in words.
No matter how much you write, how many memories you share, or how many beautiful sentences you put together, they still don't feel enough.
For me, that relationship is with my Dad.
He is not just my father.
He is my everything.
He has been my home, my strongest support, my teacher, my protector, my guide, my biggest critic, my biggest cheerleader, and the one person who has stood beside me through every stage of my life.
From the time I was a little girl until today, he has given me more than I could ever ask for.
From My Childhood Until Today ❤️
When I look back at my childhood, I see my Dad everywhere.
He was there for my little joys, my silly demands, my mistakes, my achievements, my tears, my stubbornness, my fears, and my dreams.
He has showered me with so much love.
But his love was never only about hugs and affection.
It came with daant, maar, advice, discipline, and endless gyaan too. 😄
At that time, I didn't always understand why he was scolding me or teaching me something again and again.
But today, I realise that behind every scolding was concern.
Behind every strict word was love.
Behind every piece of advice was a wish that I should become a better and stronger person.
And behind every little punishment was a father trying to protect his daughter from the world.
He Has Done Everything For Me
Even today, my Dad continues to do everything he can for me.
No matter how old I become, I know that somewhere in his heart, I will always be his little girl.
I can call him for the smallest thing.
I can share something important with him.
I can tell him when I am happy.
I can tell him when I am upset.
And somehow, just knowing that Dad is there makes everything feel a little easier.
He doesn't always need to say, "I am with you."
His presence says it for him.
My Dad Has Been My Strength
Life has changed so much over the years.
I have grown up.
I have experienced happiness, struggles, changes, responsibilities, and difficult moments.
But one thing has remained constant:
My Dad.
He has always been there.
Sometimes with words.
Sometimes with silence.
Sometimes with advice.
Sometimes with a simple phone call.
Sometimes just by being there.
And that is what makes him so special to me.
I Grew Up Without My Maa…
There is one part of my life that I can never talk about without feeling emotional.
I grew up without my Maa.
There is a space in my heart that only a mother can fill, and I know that space will always remain.
I miss her.
I always will.
But through all these years, Dad has been the person who remained beside me.
He couldn't replace Maa — because nobody ever could.
But he gave me his whole heart.
He gave me love.
He gave me protection.
He gave me strength.
He gave me the courage to keep moving forward.
And somehow, he managed to be there for me through everything.
My Safe Place ❤️
People often talk about a house being a home.
For me, home has always been wherever Dad is.
I can travel anywhere.
I can live in different places.
Life can take me in different directions.
But when I am with Dad, there is a feeling that is difficult to describe.
A feeling of safety.
A feeling of belonging.
A feeling that says,
"I am okay. Dad is here."
My Favourite Memories With Him
Some of my favourite memories aren't necessarily grand moments.
They are the simple ones.
Eating together.
Talking about random things.
Listening to his stories.
Getting scolded.
Arguing over something silly.
Getting his advice even when I didn't ask for it. 😂
Laughing together.
Travelling together.
Calling him just to talk.
And now, even receiving things from him — like those delicious Alphonso mangoes he recently sent from Mumbai — feels special because they come from Dad.
It is never just about the mangoes.
It is about the love behind them.
The Love I Can Never Repay
My Dad has done so much for me that sometimes I wonder how I could ever repay him.
The answer is—I can't.
There is no way to calculate a father's sacrifices.
There is no measurement for his love.
There is no price for the years he has spent caring for his children.
And there are no words big enough to describe what he means to me.
I can only hope that I make him proud.
I can only hope that he knows how deeply I love him.
And I can only pray that I get enough time to give him even a small part of the happiness he has given me.
My First Flight Was With Dad ✈️❤️
One memory that will always hold a very special place in my heart is my first flight with Dad.
There was something so special about experiencing that first journey with the person who had been beside me through so many of my firsts.
My first flight was not just about travelling from one place to another.
It was another beautiful chapter of my journey with Dad.
And that journey didn't stop there.
Exploring the World With My Dad 🌍
Dad has always encouraged me to explore.
To see new places.
To experience new things.
To step outside my comfort zone.
Some of my most beautiful travel memories are connected with him.
Every journey with Dad has given me more than photographs. It has given me stories, experiences, confidence, and memories that I will carry forever.
Whenever I think about the places I have explored and the journeys I have taken, I realise how much of that journey has Dad's love and support behind it.
He didn't just show me places. He taught me how to see the world.
Every Place Has a First Trip With Dad ✈️🌍❤️
When I look back at my travel memories, I realise something very special.
Almost every place has a “first trip with Dad” attached to it.
My first experiences of travelling, exploring new places, seeing something different, and stepping outside my familiar world were often shared with him.
As I grew older, my journeys continued.
Different cities.
Different places.
Different experiences.
Different memories.
But somewhere in all those journeys, there was always Dad.
Sometimes he was travelling beside me.
Sometimes he was the person who encouraged me to go.
Sometimes he was the person waiting to hear all about my journey when I came back.
And sometimes, even when he wasn't physically there, his encouragement was what gave me the confidence to explore.
When I look at photographs from different places, I don't just see destinations.
I see memories with Dad.
A place may be beautiful, but it becomes even more special when I remember that Dad took me there for the first time.
A journey may have been short, but it becomes priceless because it was shared with him.
And that is why, for me, travelling has never been only about visiting places.
It has been about collecting firsts with Dad.
My first flight.
My first journeys.
My first experiences of different places.
My first adventures.
And so many memories that I will carry for the rest of my life.
I sometimes wonder how many of the places I have explored today would have been part of my life if Dad hadn't encouraged me to step out and experience them.
He didn't just take me places.
He opened the world for me.
He showed me that there is so much beyond what we already know.
He encouraged me to explore, to learn, to experience, and to make memories.
And now, whenever I travel somewhere new, a little part of me still thinks:
"I wish Dad could see this."
Because no matter how many new places I visit, there will always be a special place in my heart for the ones where my journey began with him.
Every place has a story.
Every journey has a memory.
And so many of my firsts have Dad written all over them. ❤️
That is something I will cherish forever.
My Career, My Job & The Person Behind My Confidence ❤️
And then there is another part of my life where I can never forget Dad's contribution — my career.
Whatever I have achieved professionally, whatever appreciation I have received, and whatever confidence I have carried into my work, I know there is a part of Dad in all of it.
He has always encouraged me.
He has always believed in me.
He has given me guidance whenever I needed it and pushed me to do better whenever I doubted myself.
From my education to my career, from my first opportunities to the jobs I have done, his support has always been somewhere behind me.
And honestly, wherever I have gone, I have received appreciation for who I am, for the way I work, and for the person I have become.
A big part of the person I am today comes from him.
The values he taught me.
The confidence he gave me.
The discipline he instilled in me.
The courage he encouraged in me.
The way he taught me to face life.
People may appreciate me today, but I know the foundation behind that person is my Dad.
Behind Every Version of Me, There Is Dad
When I look at my life today, I see so many versions of myself.
The little girl.
The stubborn daughter.
The student.
The traveller.
The professional.
The working woman.
The daughter who still comes home to her Dad.
And behind every version of me, there is one constant person:
Dad.
He has been there from my very first steps to the journeys I take today.
From teaching me the basics of life to watching me build my own career.
From taking my first flight with me to encouraging me to explore different places.
From giving me daant and gyaan to giving me the confidence to stand on my own feet.
He has been a part of my journey in more ways than I could ever explain.
And that is why, when someone appreciates me, somewhere inside I think…
"Dad, this appreciation belongs to you too."
Because you didn't just raise me.
You built me. ❤️
Dad, If You Ever Read This…
I don't know whether I will ever be able to say all of this to your face.
Maybe I will become emotional.
Maybe I will start crying before I finish.
So I am writing it here.
Dad, thank you.
Thank you for loving me.
Thank you for protecting me.
Thank you for scolding me.
Thank you for correcting me.
Thank you for teaching me.
Thank you for tolerating my stubbornness.
Thank you for standing beside me.
Thank you for doing things for me even when I never asked.
Thank you for being my strength when I felt weak.
Thank you for being my home when I felt lost.
Thank you for being there through every chapter of my life.
You have given me more than I could ever put into words.
I Don't Know How to Say What You Mean to Me
People sometimes ask us to describe the person we love the most.
But how do I describe someone who has been a part of almost every chapter of my life?
How do I describe the person whose love I have known since I was a little girl?
How do I describe the person who has seen me grow, fall, learn, make mistakes, start again, and become who I am today?
I simply can't.
Words will always fall short when it comes to you, Dad.
You are not just a part of my life.
You are one of the biggest reasons my life is what it is today.
My Biggest Fear
There is one thought that scares me more than anything.
The thought of having to live in a world without you.
I have already learned what it feels like to live without Maa.
And that loss has taught me how precious the people we love truly are.
I know life doesn't give us forever.
I know that one day, every person has to leave.
But I don't want to think about that day.
Not now.
Not yet.
Because right now, I simply want more time with you.
More conversations.
More arguments.
More daant.
More gyaan.
More laughter.
More meals together.
More memories.
More everything.
Dad, You Are My Everything ❤️
I may grow older.
Life may change.
My responsibilities may change.
My address may change.
But one thing will never change:
I will always be your daughter.
The little girl who needed her Dad.
The daughter who still needs her Dad.
The girl who can be strong in front of the whole world but still feels safest when Dad is around.
I have lived without my Maa, and I have learned to carry that pain in my heart.
But when it comes to you, Dad…
I don't know how I would ever live without you.
You are my strength.
You are my comfort.
You are my guide.
You are my protector.
You are my home.
You are my everything. ❤️
And if I could ask life for just one thing, it would be this:
Give me many, many more years with my Dad.
Let me keep calling you.
Let me keep annoying you.
Let me keep listening to your daant and gyaan.
Let me keep coming home to you.
Because no matter how old I become…
I will always be your little girl.
Love you, Dad. More than words could ever explain. ❤️

Comments
Post a Comment